Welcome to my blog! On these pages you can find all the information you need about my thesis on "Games, culture and education". Please feel free to leave any comment, suggestion...
If you have any information you want to share, you can always send an email to: games.education.thesis@gmail.com

Thank you!

Sunday 18 September 2011

Working on my thesis: update 2

Dear followers,

my apologies that I have not updated this blog in a long time, but I did not have access to Internet this past week.

I am still working on the first part of my thesis, which is about video games. I already mentioned that I was researching the different video game genres (see previous post), but I am also investigating other criteria to divide video games into different categories, such as: audience, purpose, visuals, platforms, complexity...

You could ask why it is so important to explain all these different classifications and the answer is simple: because most teachers have never heard about them. They do not play video games and have no clue about all the different types that exist.

One of the main reasons why I am writing my thesis is to provide more information to teachers about video games and how they can contribute to (culture) education. I can't immediately start explaining the various advantages and uses of video games in education, without first thoroughly explaining the phenomenon "video games".

This explanation is taking more time as expected, but it is very interesting material to investigate.

One of the following weeks, I will have an appointment with my mentor to discuss my progress. After this appointment I will have a clearer view on the expectations that my mentor has and I will be able to work more frequently on my thesis (which will result in more updates here).

Kind regards Cools Jeroen

No comments:

Post a Comment